Ztl, restricted traffic zone (English): general informations
Go to the online service
Updated to: 18/01/2022
ZTL means "Restricted traffic zone". An area inside the historic centre where access and traffic are limited to particular categories of users and vehicles.
The ZTL has existed in Vicenza since 1996 and aims at a better environmental and urban quality of the most central and monumental area of the city.
The control over the regularity of access is entrusted to local police officers operating in the area.
It is also carried out through an electronic access control system (electronic gates) by means of cameras detecting the license plate numbers of the vehicles entering the ZTL. The installation of control cameras for exit gates is also planned in the near future.
As each vehicle enters the zone, cameras record the license plate number and send it to the control system which checks whether the vehicle is authorised to access that specific gate.
Position of cameras
Piazzale de Gasperi - Porta Castello
Contra' Pedemuro San Biagio
Stradella Santo Stefano
Contra' San Faustino
Hours of operation of cameras
The cameras record 24/7 all vehicle's entries, except along Corso Fogazzaro (cameras are NOT ACTIVE with detection of unauthorized transits from 8:00 pm to 9:00 am on weekdays and are never active during public holidays). When an unauthorised vehicle is recorded, it is automatically sanctioned.
Images view and fines payment
You can view the images and pay the fine online through the online service “Payment”, in the entry “Payment of the highway code fines and images view of the sanctioned vehicle”
How to access the Ztl area
To access the ZTL area the original permit, permanent (entry permit to the ZTL/AP area) or temporary, must be placed on the dashboard.
If you do not have a permit, but you still have the right to access since you belong to the categories indicated by order no. 3474/95 and further additions, you can access the ZTL area according to the modalities of the category of belonging.
Doctors on a domiciliary visit
Markets on Tuesdays and Thursdays
ZTL permit validity
You can go to the ZTL desk at "Servizio Mobilità e Trasporti" Office for:
- ZTL permits and permits’ renewals for residents, dwelling people, business and maintenance activities, domiciled people, parking space owners, special institutions, exemptions;
- ZTL issue of permits for wedding/civil unions;
- ZTL and Ap permits for goods transport, which are not included among those managed by the company Vicenza Logistic City Center Srl.
You can go to the Public Relations Office for:
- ZTL issue of permits for funeral ceremonies;
- collection of requests and delivery of permits to disabled people (free entry on Monday, online booking required for the rest of the week).
You can go to the Local Police Station for:
- request a temporary permit for loading or unloading goods (valid for a maximum of 48 hours), which cannot be transported by Vicenza Logistic City Center srl, and the vehicle’s laden mass is below 7.5 tons (providing an applicable revenue stamp).
- request a temporary permit for loading or unloading goods (valid for a maximum of 48 hours), which cannot be transported by Vicenza Logistic City Center srl, and the vehicle’s laden mass mass exceeds 7.5 tons (providing 2 revenue stamps).
Where and when
Palazzo degli Uffici
Address: piazza Biade 26 (ground floor, Municipal Register Office)
Phone: +39 0444221150 (from Monday to Wednesday, from 8:30am to 10:00 am)
Only by appointment to book online