Change of residence - moving from another municipality (english)
Updated to: 08/04/2022
Citizens that move to Vicenza from another Municipality or from abroad must submit the declaration of change of residence to the civil registry within 20 days from the date of transfer.
Who can submit the declaration
- The concerned person over 18 years old
- Any adult member of the family, if the entire nuclear family changes residence
- An adult third-party delegate, equipped with written proxy and a copy of the identity card of both people (the applicant and the delegate)
What to declare
- The biographical data of all members of the nuclear family
- The new address (building number, staircase, floor, apartment number)
- All the data that on the form are highlighted with an asterisk as compulsory data
- The data of the driving license (number, category, date and issuing body) and of the licence plates of the vehicles (cars, motorcycles, trailers and mopeds) belonging to all the people that are transferring
- Possession of a driver’s license and ownership of registered vehicles
If in the declaration of residence to the Registry you certify the possession of vehicles registered in your name, you can download, through the motorist portal (www.ilportaledell'automobilista.it), the certificate setting out the residence details, as registered in the National Vehicle Archive (ANV), to be produced where needed.
How to do it
Produce the following documents:
- declaration of residence form filled out in all mandatory fields and signed by all adults with the personal details of all family members who change residence certifying whether or not they have a drivers’ licence and registered vehicles;
- in the event of transfer of minors only, declaration of residence form for minors filled out in all its fields by the parent or guardian to whom the minors’ residence is transferred and signed by both parents/guardians;
- Identity document, in original and photocopy, of all the members of the nuclear family (for minors, ID card is necessary only if they already have it);
- Card showing own social security number and that of all the family members that change residence, both in original and photocopy;
- Written consent of the head of the faimily (link: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/77920), with a photocopy of the head of the family's identity card, in case residence is requested with citizens that are already residents;
- Document that certifies occupancy of the building of habitual bode. The specific section of the declaration of residence must be carefully filled out and a document that grants access to the dwelling must also be attached. For example:
- Copy of the lease contract;
- Acceptance report regarding public housing estates (for tenants of this type of dwelling);
- Copy of the authorization of temporary hospitality, issued by the body owning the estate (for those who are hosted in public housing estates);
- Written consent signed by the owner of the occupied dwelling (link:http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/109972), in case the non-owner tenant asks for residence without a regular lease contract/usufruct contract, with attached a photocopy of a valid ID document of the abovementioned owner.
Without these documents, which attest the regularity of the occupancy, the declaration of residence will be inadmissible.
In fact. Those who illegally squat in a building without permission cannot ask for residence nor for access to utilities in relation to the building itself and the documents issued in violation of this ban are null and void for all legal purposes (article 5 of Decree Law No 47 of 28 March 2014, converted into Act No 80 of 23 May 2014).
If the change of residence involves a minor transferring with only one parent, a specific declaration must be submitted by the other parent, with attached a copy of their currently valid ID document.
How and when to submit the declaration
The declaration of residence can be submitted (it must be complete – that is to say, including all four pages of the ministerial form with the required documents attached) choosing only one of the modalities specified below. It is clarified that should the declaration be submitted several times in different ways, this will impede the initiation of the procedure.
In persona at the civil registry
- Civil registry office in Piazza Biade 26 (during opening hours upon appointment to be booked online)
- Decentralised civil registry office in Viale della Pace 89 - villa Tacchi, ex circoscrizione 3 (upon appointment to be booked online)
Via email or certified email
- Email email@example.com (attaching the specific declaration form, which must be signed and accompanied by the abovementioned documents) scanned
- Certified email firstname.lastname@example.org ( attaching the specific declaration, signed with digital signature and accompanied by all the above mentioned documents) scanned
- By sending through registered post the specific declaration of residence form (link: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/60977), accompanied by the abovementioned documents in photo-static copy (except for the possible consent of the head of the family, which must be in its original form)
- By faxing the specific declaration form, accompanied by the above mentioned documents.
Telematic procedure through the Citisens' Portal
It is possible to send the declaration of change of residence, with the required documents, and verify online the state of progress of the procedure on the Citizens' Portal - Municipality at home website (www.comune.vicenza.it/portaledelcittadino ). To access the service it is necessary to register at Spid.
Citizens of the European Community
Citizens of the European Community can find information at Chnage of residence for European citizens (link: https://www.comune.vicenza.it/cittadino/scheda.php/42722,49183).
In addition to what has been described above, and according to the modalities that have already been indicated, non-EU citizens must also submit the following documents:
Passport and residence permit issued by the Law Enforcement Authority;
If married, the original and the photocopy of the marriage certificate, which must be legalised by the Italian consulate of the foreigner's country of origin and accompanied by a document attesting the conformity of the translation.
Within 45 days from the date the Declaration was submitted, the requirements are verified (habitual abode, document review, etc.).
Should it be confirmed that a requirement was not met, the procedure will be annulled with retroactive effect.
After 45 days from the date the Declaration was submitted or sent, and without any different communication to the registrant(s), the registration of the new residence or the change of dwelling are considered confirmed (according to the rule that silence implies consent).
The observance of the time limit of 45 days is guaranteed by submitting or sending the Declaration exclusively in the modalities and to the addresses indicated in this page. Verifications are carried out after the citizen's declaration, however the citizen will be able to obtain the certificate of residence and the certificate of family status within two work days from when the procedure was registered. For all other certificates, including the ID card, it will be necessary to wait for the procedure to be completed, which also requires that the local Police Station verify the documents and that the Municipality of origin acquire the documents.
In order to allow for the necessary verifications to be carried out, it is necessary that citizens put their name on their doorbells and on their mailboxes. Should it be impossible to access the dwelling, this could compromise the preliminary phase of the procedure and its positive resolution.
In order to facilitate all verifications regarding the residence, citizens must show a copy of the document that allows them to occupy the dwelling (e.g. lease contract or usufruct contract, property deed, etc.).
Pursuant to article 5, commas 4 and 5, of Decree Law No 5/2012 and to article 75 of Presidential Decree No 445/2000, untrue declarations will lead ti the loss of vested benefits as a result of misleading declarations (loss of the last place of residence and return to the pre-existing situation), as well as to the officials of the civil registry informing the Law Enforcement Authority of the discrepancies between the declarations made by the interested parties and the results of the verifications carried out.
Pursuant to article 76 pf Presidential Decree No 445/2000, anyone who makes untrue declarations is punished under the Penal Code and the special laws regarding the matter.
- Decree Law No 47 of 28 March 2014, converted into Act No 80 of 23 May 2014 "Conversion, with amendments, of Decree Law No 47 of 28 March 2014: Urgent measures for the housing emergency, for the construction market and for Expo 2015"
- Decree Law No 5 of 9 February 2012, converted into Act No 35 of 4 April 2012 "Conversion, with amendments, of Decree Law No 5 of 9 February 2012: Urgent measures regarding simplification and development"
- Presidential Decree No 445 of 28 December 2000 "Legal provisions on the matter of administrative documentation"
- Presidential Decree No 223 of 30 May 1989 "Approval of the new registry regulation of the resident population"
Where and when
Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)
Palazzo degli Uffici
Address: piazza Biade 26
Phone: 0444221411 e 0444221409 (only from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 1 pm)
Access to counters is only by appointment booked online.
On the day of the appointment, you can access the counter directly with the booking number received by email.
Only in a case of real urgency, you can send an email to obtain an appointment within a shorter time, by attaching your identity document and documentation proving the urgency.
The office receives the users with appointment booked online:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm
Decentralised registry office District 3
Villa Tacchi (zona San Pio X)
Address: viale della Pace 89
Phone: 0444222737 (from Monday to Friday 8.30am-12.30pm, Tuesday and Thursday also 4.30pm- 6pm)
Service in this office is available only by appointment made online. To book an appointment click on this link: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/servizi/prenotazioni