Certificate of permanent residence (english)
Updated to: 08/04/2022
The Registry Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) issues certificates of permanent residence for citizens of the European Union (EU) who have resided legally and continuously in Italy for five years.
How to do it
If you are an EU citizen, to obtain your residence certificate you will need to submit:
- the application form, by completing the attestation of permanent residence for EU citizens application form, (available here: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/102115);
- two €16 revenue stamps (marche da bollo);
- your original certificate of registration of an EU citizen or residence permit issued by the Italian National Police;
- the original and a photocopy of suitable documents proving the legality and continuity of your residence in Italy and/or of the family member on whom you are or were dependent ( e.g. INPS statement);
- the original and photocopy of a valid identity document.
Where and when
Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)
Palazzo degli Uffici
Address: piazza Biade 26
Phone: 0444221411 e 0444221409 (only from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 1 pm)
Access to counters is only by appointment booked online.
On the day of the appointment, you can access the counter directly with the booking number received by email.
Only in a case of real urgency, you can send an email to obtain an appointment within a shorter time, by attaching your identity document and documentation proving the urgency.
The office receives the users with appointment booked online:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm