Tourism tax for the city of Vicenza (english)
Aggiornato al: 03/05/2018
(Photo by E.Campana)
In the municipality of Vicenza, tourism tax has entered into force since May 1st 2012.
The city council has made some amendments to the regulations by deliberations no.16 of April 30th 2014 and no.1 of January 31th 2017 and it has amended the tax rate by deliberations no.64 of April 15th 2014 and no.5 of January 10th 2017. Therefore, the new tax rate has entered into force since January 10th 2017.
What is the good of tourism tax
Tourism tax aims at financing intervention in the area of tourism, including those supporting accommodation facilities, maintenance works, protection and recovery of local cultural and environmental assets and local public services.
Who is the tourism tax taxable person
Tax tourism has to be paid by those people who, even though not residents in Vicenza, stay overnight in the accommodations facilities within the municipal territory, for a maximum of 5 consecutives or non-consecutives overnights as long as it occurs within the same month in the same accommodation facility.
Tourism tax is proportionate per person and night and it is commensurate with the price stay and the available services provided by the accommodation facilities.
Practical example: if a couple stay in a double room for a cost of more than 25€, each of them should pay 2€ per day for a maximum of 5 consecutives or non-consecutives days. This occurs because the tourism tax is proportionate to person and night (as established in the article 5 paragraph 2 of the municipal regulations) commensurate with the room price range.
Tourism tax payment exempts are:
- children under the age of 14;
- the sick and those who assist patients admitted to health care facilities within the municipal territory (one carer for each patient);
- bus drivers and tour guides assisting groups organized by travel and tourist agencies;
- police forces, local police and fire brigades who stay for service requirements;
- religious people at religious houses of hospitality;
- people with disabilities who are not self-sufficient and their carer.
These people become exempts from the tourism tax payment after showing a self-certification for each exemption seeker, pointing out the reason why that exemption has been required.
How much is the tax
For campgrounds, hostels and boarding schools steered by religious people: fixed tax of 0.50€ per person per night.
For extra-hotels facilities such as rooms for rent, accommodations, B&B, residences and other structures: 2€ per person per night.
For the organized groups made up of more than 20 paying people, tourism tax is divided into two categories:
- first category: a tax equal to 0.50€ per person per stay (in rooms up to 25€ per person);
- Second category: a tax equal to 1€ per person per stay (in rooms ranging from 25.01 to 55* €)
* If the cost is higher than 55€ per person per stay, the tax provided for individual guests will be employed.
For the individual guests of the hotels, the tax is equal to:
- 1€ per person ( for a stay in rooms up to 15€ per person per night);
- 1.50€ per person (for a stay in rooms ranging from 15.01€ to 25€ per person per night);
- 2€ per person (for a stay in rooms ranging from 25.01€ to 70€ per person per night);
- 2.50€ per person (for a stay in room ranging from 70.01€ to 130€ per person per night);
- 3€ per person (for a stay in rooms of more than 130€ per person per night).
How to pay
The tax has to be deposit to the accommodation facility manager along with the amount intended for the stay.
Where and when
Viale Torino 19 - 36100 Vicenza
Opening hours 8only by telephone appointment): Tuesday and Thursday from 8.30 am to 12.30; Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm
Tel. 0444222351 e 0444222349
Link to the Tributes sector pages
(link: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/uffici/dipecofin/tributi/ )