Città di Vicenza

Vai al servizio online

Change of residence - moving from another municipality (english)

Updated to: 14/08/2018

When you move to Vicenza from another municipality or from outside Italy, you must tell the registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) about your change of residence. You must do this at most 20 days after you move.

The following people can do this:

  • yourself (if you are over 18 years old);
  • any family member over 18 (if the whole family has moved);
  • anyone else, as long as they are over 18 and they bring a letter from you giving your permission for them to act on your behalf and a photocopy of your identity card;
  • Every family member over 18 must sign the notification form.

How to do it

Go to counter with this documentation:

  • identity documents for all family members – photocopies and originals – including identity cards for children who have one;
  • vehicle registration document (libretto di circolazione) for the motor vehicles owned (cars, motorcycles, camper vans, etc.) and driving licence – Italian documents only, photocopies and originals;
  • tax code card (codice fiscale) for you and all the family members who are changing residence – photocopies and originals;
  • personal details for all the family members who are changing residence;
  • written permission from the head of the family that you will be living with, and a photocopy of his/her identity card, if you are going to live with citizens already resident here:
  • permission for transfer of residence -;
  • this residence declaration form, signed by every family member over 18: residence statement

N.B.: Decree-Law No. 47 of 28/03/2014, converted into Law No. 80 of 23/05/2014, states in Art. 5 that "Any person unlawfully occupying a property may not apply for residency or for connection of the property to public services and the acts issued in violation of this prohibition are voided for all legal purposes". For this reason, in addition to the documents listed above the following must also be produced:

  • declaration by the applicant, duly signed, concerning the title to the residential dwelling and right to occupy the property (pages 4 and 6 of the residency application form);
  • written agreement signed by the owner of the occupied dwelling, in the case where the tenant/non-owner applies for residency without having a regular lease/loan-for-use contract (downloadable from, accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identification document of the said proprietor;
  • copy of the lease contract or of the handover report for Public Housing dwellings (for the tenants of this type of housing);
  • copy of the authorisation for temporary accommodation, issued by the public housing authority (for those hosted in Public Housing dwellings).

If such documents attesting to the legality of the right to occupy are not produced, the declaration of residency will be inadmissable.

Book online

If you wish, you can book an appointment at the counter to change your residence. Click here to make your appointment -
At District no. 3 – villa Tacchi, viale della Pace 89 – the change of residence service is available only by appointment made online via the above link.

Online change of residence

To submit your change of residence application and get informed online of the progress of your application, please visit: Portale del Cittadino – Comune in casa ( ). To have access to the service, you must register with MyId, the regional authentication system of Veneto Region (you can find all the instructions for completing your MyId registration at: ).

Change your residence by post

Under Decree-Law no. 5 of 9 February 2012 and circular no. 9 of 27 April 2012 from the Interior ministry department of internal and territorial affairs (Ministero del'Interno dipartimento Affari interni e Territoriali), you can change your residence without going to the municipal offices. Instead, you can send your paperwork using one of these alternatives:

  • send the residence declaration form (download one here: residence statement -, with photocopies of the documents mentioned above (note that the head of the host family’s permission, where applicable, must be an original), by registered post;
  • OR send the residence declaration form with the above documents by fax;
  • OR send the residence declaration form with the above documents by email. To use email, make sure that:

1. the declaration is signed with a digital signature certified by an accredited certification body;
2. OR you are identified using your electronic identity card or national services card (carta nazionale dei servizi);
3. OR the declaration is sent from your certified email (PEC) address;
4. OR the hand-signed declaration and your identity document are scanned and sent by ordinary email.

To change your residence, you must fill in the relevant boxes in the application form. For each family member who has an Italian driving licence, you must give the licence details. For each family member who is the registered keeper of a vehicle, you must state the vehicle licence plate. The Ministry of transport, through the vehicle-licensing authority (the Direzione Generale della Motorizzazione Civile), will then send you the adhesive label(s) with the new address to stick on the vehicle registration document(s). If you have not received this label within 6 months, ask the vehicle-licensing authority for it by telephoning freephone 800 232 323. If the vehicle-licensing authority does not have your up-to-date details, you can report this to Vicenza municipal registry office (Anagrafe del Comune di Vicenza) by emailing to

If you are not an Italian citizen, please follow these instructions:

A) if you are a citizen of a European Union (EU) country, follow this procedure: change of residence for EU citizens -,79204

B) If you are not an EU citizen, then you must send all the information above by the same means, as well as:

  • your passport and permit to stay issued by the domestic law-enforcement authority;
  • if you are married, the original and a photocopy of your marriage certificate authenticated by the Italian consular authority of your country of origin, with a translation and approval stamp.

What happens next

Under Decree-Law no. 5/2012, residence declarations sent to the Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) as stated above are registered by the Registry officer within 2 working days of receipt. The individual residence certificates and family-status certificates can then be issued. For all other certificates – including the identity card – you will need to wait until the municipality where you lived before has transferred all the personal details. You may also have to show suitable documentation, where required.
After the residence declaration has been recorded, the Registry officer has to check that your declaration is true and accurate. Someone will come to see you where you live.
To facilitate the controls relating to your residency, you must show a copy of the documentation that entitles you to stay there – e.g. a tenancy or lease agreement, or the title deeds.


Because of article 5, paragraphs 4 and 5, of Decree-Law no. 5/2012 and article 75 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will lose the benefits that you gained by making them. This means that your residence will be cancelled, and your situation will return to how it was before. Also, the Registry officer will have to report you to the law-enforcement authorities, because what you told us did not match what we found when we checked.
By article 76 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will be punished under the Criminal code and the relevant special laws.

Where and when

Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)

Palazzo degli Uffici

Address: piazza Biade 26

Opening hours:

To access the counter citizens must have a progressive numerical ticket withdrawable to the queue management display in the waiting room for the public, until the available accesses are exhausted. Citizens who proceeded with an online booking of a service, however, are not required to have a ticket, as they access the counter with the reservation number.

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm, no reservation needed
  • Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm, only by appointment to book online
  • Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm, only by appointment to book online

Online appointment booking system

Phone: 0444222616 and 0444221410



Website: Link to Municipal, Civil Status and Electoral Registry

Decentralised registry office District 3

Villa Tacchi (zona San Pio X)

Address: viale della Pace 89

Opening hours:

Service in this office is available only by appointment made online. To book an appointment click on this link:

Phone: 0444222737

Website: Link to Municipal, Civil Status and Electoral Registry