Città di Vicenza

Change of residence for European Union (EU) citizens (english)

Go to the online service

Updated to: 04/03/2022

If you are an EU citizen, and you wish to change your residence, then you need to bring the documents stated below.

How to do it

Produce the following documentation:

  • declaration of residence form filled out in all mandatory fields and signed by all adults with the personal details of all family members who change residence certifying whether or not they have a drivers’ licence and registered vehicles;
  • in the event of transfer of minors only, declaration of residence form for minors filled out in all its fields by the parent or guardian to whom the minors’ residence is transferred and signed by both parents/guardians;
  • passport (or identity card, if it states the nationality) from your country of origin, for all family members over 18 years old who are changing residence – photocopies and originals;
  • Card showing own social security number and that of all the family members that change residence, both in original and photocopy;
  • written permission from the head of the family that you will be living with, and a photocopy of his/her identity card, if you are going to live with citizens who are already resident. Download this permission form here:

Depending on your circumstances, you may also have to give extra documentation, as explained below.

Eu citizens applying for residence in italy for the first time

1) EU citizens with a job:

  • original + photocopy of your employment contract, with a statement from your employer that you are still employed on the date when you apply for residence, signed by your employer (original signature), with a photocopy of their identity card;
  • original + photocopy of your last 2 pay packets;


  • original + photocopy of your social-security or national-insurance certificate (INPS or INAIL);
  • original + photocopy of your last 2 pay packets.

2) EU citizens without a job:

a) annual health-insurance policy covering all risks;
b) self-declaration that you have enough money, i.e.:

- € 5.977,79 for you as the applicant
- € 5.977,79  for you as the applicant + 2.988,90 for each extra family member
- € 11.955,59 or each applicant with 2 or more dependent children under 14 years old.

Under article 2 of Legislative Decree no. 30/2007, a “family member” is:

  • your spouse (i.e. husband/wife);
  • your dependent direct descendants (children, grandchildren, etc.) aged under 21, and those of your spouse;
  • your dependent direct ancestors (parents, grandparents, etc.) and those of your spouse.

c) certificate of attendance at courses of study, for students.

3) EU citizens joining a first-degree family member (i.e. parent, spouse, sibling or child) who is an EU citizen already resident:

  • people joining their already-resident parents must show their own birth certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated, stating their mother and father;
  • parents joining their already-resident son(s)/daughter(s) must show their son/daughter’s birth certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated, stating the mother and father;
  • a spouse joining their already-resident spouse must show their marriage certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated.

In each of these 3 cases, you will also need to provide:

  • the applicant’s sworn statement declaring that they are a dependent of the family member who is already resident;
  • the sworn statement of the already-resident family member, declaring that the applicant is dependent on them.

Eu citizens already resident in another italian municipality

If you have one, your proof of residence (attestazione di soggiorno – the original) issued by the municipality where you lived before.

N.B.: Decree-Law No. 47 of 28/03/2014, converted into Law No. 80 of 23/05/2014, states in Art. 5 that "Any person unlawfully occupying a property may not apply for residency or for connection of the property to public services and the acts issued in violation of this prohibition are voided for all legal purposes". For this reason, in addition to the documents listed above the following must also be produced:

  • declaration by the applicant, duly signed, concerning the title to the residential dwelling and right to occupy the property (pages 4 and 6 of the residency application form);
  • written agreement signed by the owner of the occupied dwelling, in the case where the tenant/non-owner applies for residency without having a regular lease/loan-for-use contract (downloadable from, accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identification document of the said proprietor;
  • copy of the lease contract or of the handover report for Public Housing dwellings (for the tenants of this type of housing);
  • copy of the authorisation for temporary accommodation, issued by the public housing authority (for those hosted in Public Housing dwellings).

If such documents attesting to the legality of the right to occupy are not produced, the declaration of residency will be inadmissable.

How and when to submit the declaration

The declaration of residence can be submitted (it must be complete – that is to say, including all four pages of the ministerial form with the required documents attached) choosing only one of the modalities specified below. It is clarified that should the declaration be submitted several times in different ways, this will impede the initiation of the procedure.

In person at the civil registry

  • Civil registry office in Piazza Biade 26 (during opening hours upon appointment to be booked online)
  • Decentralised civil registry office in Viale della Pace 89 - villa Tacchi, ex circoscrizione 3 (upon appointment to be booked online)

Via email or certified email

  • Email (attaching the specific declaration form, which must be signed and accompanied by the abovementioned documents) scanned
  • Certified email ( attaching the specific declaration, signed with digital signature and accompanied by all the above mentioned documents) scanned

By correspondence

  • By sending through registered post the specific declaration of residence form (link:, accompanied by the abovementioned documents in photo-static copy (except for the possible consent of the head of the family, which must be in its original form)
  • By faxing the specific declaration form, accompanied by the above mentioned documents.

Telematic procedure through the Citisens' Portal

What happens next

Under Decree-Law no. 5/2012, residence declarations sent to the Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) as stated above are registered by the Registry officer within 2 working days of receipt. From then, the individual residence certificates and family-status certificates can be issued. For all the other certificates – including the identity card – you will need to wait until the municipality where you lived before has sent all your personal details and we have checked that you meet the requirements. You may also have to show suitable documentation, where required. After the residence declaration has been recorded, the Registry officer has to check that your declaration is true and accurate. Someone will come to see you where you live. To facilitate the controls relating to your residency, You must show a copy of the documentation that entitles you to stay there – e.g. a tenancy or lease agreement, or the title deeds.


If in the declaration of residence to the Registry you certify the possession of vehicles registered in your name, you can download, through the motorist portal (www.ilportaledell', the certificate setting out the residence details, as registered in the National Vehicle Archive (ANV), to be produced where needed.


Because of article 5, paragraphs 4 and 5, of Decree-Law no. 5/2012 and article 75 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will lose the benefits that you gained by making them. This means that your residence will be cancelled, and your situation will return to how it was before. Also, the Registry officer will have to report you to the law-enforcement authorities, because what you told us did not match what we found when we checked.
By article 76 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will be punished under the Criminal code and the relevant special laws.

Where and when

Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)

Palazzo degli Uffici

Address: piazza Biade 26

Phone: 0444222616 and 0444221410



Opening hours:

Access to counters is only by appointment booked online.
On the day of the appointment, you can access the counter directly with the booking number received by email.
Only in a case of real urgency, you can send an email to obtain an appointment within a shorter time, by attaching your identity document and documentation proving the urgency.

The office receives the users with appointment booked online:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm
  • Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm
  • Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm

Online appointment booking system

Decentralised registry office District 3

Villa Tacchi (zona San Pio X)

Address: viale della Pace 89

Phone: 0444222737 (from Monday to Friday 8.30am-12.30pm, Tuesday and Thursday also 4.30pm- 6pm)

Opening hours:

Service in this office is available only by appointment made online. To book an appointment click on this link:

Forms and documents