Certificate of permanent residence (english)
Updated to: 14/08/2018
The Registry Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) issues certificates of permanent residence for citizens of the European Union (EU) who have resided legally and continuously in Italy for five years.
How to do it
If you are an EU citizen, to obtain your residence certificate you will need to submit:
- the application form, by completing the attestation of permanent residence for EU citizens application form, (available here: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/102115);
- two €16 revenue stamps (marche da bollo);
- your original certificate of registration of an EU citizen or residence permit issued by the Italian National Police;
- the original and a photocopy of suitable documents proving the legality and continuity of your residence in Italy and/or of the family member on whom you are or were dependent ( e.g. INPS statement);
- the original and photocopy of a valid identity document.
Where and when
Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)
Palazzo degli Uffici
Address: piazza Biade 26
Phone: 0444221610 and 0444221601
To access the counter citizens must have a progressive numerical ticket withdrawable to the queue management display in the waiting room for the public, until the available accesses are exhausted. Citizens who proceeded with an online booking of a service, however, are not required to have a ticket, as they access the counter with the reservation number.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm, no reservation needed
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm, only by appointment to book online
- Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm, only by appointment to book online