Città di Vicenza

Change of residence for European Union (EU) citizens (english)

Go to the online service

Updated to: 24/05/2019

If you are an EU citizen, and you wish to change your residence, then you need to bring the documents stated below.

How to do it

Go to the Registry office counter with the following documentation:

  • passport (or identity card, if it states the nationality) from your country of origin, for all family members over 18 years old who are changing residence – photocopies and originals;
  • driving licence and vehicle registration document for the motor vehicles owned (cars, motorcycles, camper vans, etc.) – Italian documents only, photocopies and originals;
  • tax code card (codice fiscale) for you and all the family members who are changing residence – photocopies and originals;
  • personal details for all family members who are changing residence.(You will need to write these details in the residence declaration form Make sure that all family members over 18 sign it.);
  • written permission from the head of the family that you will be living with, and a photocopy of his/her identity card, if you are going to live with citizens who are already resident. Download this permission form here:

Depending on your circumstances, you may also have to give extra documentation, as explained below.

Eu citizens applying for residence in italy for the first time

1) EU citizens with a job:

  • original + photocopy of your employment contract, with a statement from your employer that you are still employed on the date when you apply for residence, signed by your employer (original signature), with a photocopy of their identity card;
  • original + photocopy of your last 2 pay packets;


  • original + photocopy of your social-security or national-insurance certificate (INPS or INAIL);
  • original + photocopy of your last 2 pay packets.

2) EU citizens without a job:

a) annual health-insurance policy covering all risks;
b) self-declaration that you have enough money, i.e.:

- € 5,953.87 for you as the applicant
- € 5,953.87 for you as the applicant + 2,976.94 for each extra family member
- € 11,907.74 or each applicant with 2 or more dependent children under 14 years old.

Under article 2 of Legislative Decree no. 30/2007, a “family member” is:

  • your spouse (i.e. husband/wife);
  • your dependent direct descendants (children, grandchildren, etc.) aged under 21, and those of your spouse;
  • your dependent direct ancestors (parents, grandparents, etc.) and those of your spouse.

c) certificate of attendance at courses of study, for students.

3) EU citizens joining a first-degree family member (i.e. parent, spouse, sibling or child) who is an EU citizen already resident:

  • people joining their already-resident parents must show their own birth certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated, stating their mother and father;
  • parents joining their already-resident son(s)/daughter(s) must show their son/daughter’s birth certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated, stating the mother and father;
  • a spouse joining their already-resident spouse must show their marriage certificate (original or photocopy), translated and authenticated.

In each of these 3 cases, you will also need to provide:

  • the applicant’s sworn statement declaring that they are a dependent of the family member who is already resident;
  • the sworn statement of the already-resident family member, declaring that the applicant is dependent on them.

Eu citizens already resident in another italian municipality

If you have one, your proof of residence (attestazione di soggiorno – the original) issued by the municipality where you lived before.

N.B.: Decree-Law No. 47 of 28/03/2014, converted into Law No. 80 of 23/05/2014, states in Art. 5 that "Any person unlawfully occupying a property may not apply for residency or for connection of the property to public services and the acts issued in violation of this prohibition are voided for all legal purposes". For this reason, in addition to the documents listed above the following must also be produced:

  • declaration by the applicant, duly signed, concerning the title to the residential dwelling and right to occupy the property (pages 4 and 6 of the residency application form);
  • written agreement signed by the owner of the occupied dwelling, in the case where the tenant/non-owner applies for residency without having a regular lease/loan-for-use contract (downloadable from, accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identification document of the said proprietor;
  • copy of the lease contract or of the handover report for Public Housing dwellings (for the tenants of this type of housing);
  • copy of the authorisation for temporary accommodation, issued by the public housing authority (for those hosted in Public Housing dwellings).

If such documents attesting to the legality of the right to occupy are not produced, the declaration of residency will be inadmissable.

Book online

If you wish, you can book an appointment at the counter to change your residence. Click here to make your appointment at the central registry office (ufficio anagrafe centrale) piazza delle Biade, 26.
At District no. 3 – villa Tacchi, viale della Pace 89 – the change of residence service is available only by appointment made online via the above link.

Online change of residence

To submit your change of residence application and get informed online of the progress of your application, please visit: Portale del Cittadino – Comune in casa ( ). To have access to the service, you must register with MyId, the regional authentication system of Veneto Region (you can find all the instructions for completing your MyId registration at: ).

Change your residence by post

Under Decree-Law no. 5 of 9 February 2012 and circular no. 9 of 27 April 2012 from the Interior ministry department of internal and territorial affairs (Ministero del'Interno dipartimento Affari interni e Territoriali), you can change your residence without going to the municipal offices. Instead, you can send your paperwork using one of these alternatives:

  • registered post: send the residence declaration form (download one here: residence statement ); originals of the head of the host family’s permission, the declaration that you have enough money, and the sworn statements; and photocopies of the other documents mentioned above;
  • fax: send the residence declaration form with the above documents;
  • email: send the residence declaration form with the above documents. When emailing, you must ensure that:

1. the declaration is signed with a digital signature certified by an accredited certification body;
2. OR you identify yourself using your electronic identity card or national services card (carta nazionale dei servizi);
3. OR the declaration is sent from your certified email (PEC) address;
4. OR you scan the hand-signed declaration and your identity document and send them by ordinary email.

What happens next

Under Decree-Law no. 5/2012, residence declarations sent to the Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) as stated above are registered by the Registry officer within 2 working days of receipt. From then, the individual residence certificates and family-status certificates can be issued. For all the other certificates – including the identity card – you will need to wait until the municipality where you lived before has sent all your personal details and we have checked that you meet the requirements. You may also have to show suitable documentation, where required. After the residence declaration has been recorded, the Registry officer has to check that your declaration is true and accurate. Someone will come to see you where you live. To facilitate the controls relating to your residency, You must show a copy of the documentation that entitles you to stay there – e.g. a tenancy or lease agreement, or the title deeds.


Because of article 5, paragraphs 4 and 5, of Decree-Law no. 5/2012 and article 75 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will lose the benefits that you gained by making them. This means that your residence will be cancelled, and your situation will return to how it was before. Also, the Registry officer will have to report you to the law-enforcement authorities, because what you told us did not match what we found when we checked.
By article 76 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will be punished under the Criminal code and the relevant special laws.

Where and when

Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)

Palazzo degli Uffici

Address: piazza Biade 26

Phone: 0444222616 and 0444221410

Fax: 0444221568



Opening hours:

To access the counter citizens must have a progressive numerical ticket withdrawable to the queue management display in the waiting room for the public, until the available accesses are exhausted. Citizens who proceeded with an online booking of a service, however, are not required to have a ticket, as they access the counter with the reservation number.

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm, no reservation needed
  • Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm, only by appointment to book online
  • Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm, only by appointment to book online

Online appointment booking system

Decentralised registry office District 3

Villa Tacchi (zona San Pio X)

Address: viale della Pace 89

Phone: 0444222737

Opening hours:

Service in this office is available only by appointment made online. To book an appointment click on this link:

Forms and documents