Nella pagina: Contenuto, Navigazione contestuale, Mappa del sito

Città di Vicenza

Città patrimonio UNESCO

Motore di ricerca




Uffici del Comune: sedi, orari, telefoni, e-mail e attività

Navigazione di: Servizi demografici ed elettorali


Change of residence - moving from another municipality (english)

Aggiornato al: 11/08/2014

When you move to Vicenza from another municipality or from outside Italy, you must tell the Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) about your change of residence. You must do this at most 20 days after you move.
The following people can do this:

  1. yourself (if you are over 18 years old)

  2. any family member over 18 (if the whole family has moved)

  3. anyone else, as long as they are over 18 and they bring a letter from you giving your permission for them to act on your behalf and a photocopy of your identity card.

Every family member over 18 must sign the notification form.


What to do

Go to counter with this documentation:

  1. identity documents for all family members – photocopies and originals – including identity cards for children who have one

  2. vehicle registration document (libretto di circolazione) for the motor vehicles owned (cars, motorcycles, camper vans, etc.) and driving licence – Italian documents only, photocopies and originals

  3. tax code card (codice fiscale) for you and all the family members who are changing residence – photocopies and originals

  4. personal details for all the family members who are changing residence

  5. written permission from the head of the family that you will be living with, and a photocopy of his/her identity card, if you are going to live with citizens already resident here: permission for transfer of residence

  6. this residence declaration form, signed by every family member over 18: residence statement.


If you wish, you can book an appointment at the counter to change your residence. Click here to make your appointment.


Under Decree-Law no. 5 of 9 February 2012 and circular no. 9 of 27 April 2012 from the Interior ministry department of internal and territorial affairs (Ministero del'Interno dipartimento Affari interni e Territoriali), you can change your residence without going to the municipal offices. Instead, you can send your paperwork using one of these alternatives:

  1. send the residence declaration form (download one here: residence statement - ), with photocopies of the documents mentioned above (note that the head of the host family’s permission, where applicable, must be an original), by registered post

  2. OR send the residence declaration form with the above documents by fax

  3. OR send the residence declaration form with the above documents by email. To use email, make sure that:

  4. the declaration is signed with a digital signature certified by an accredited certification body

  5. OR you are identified using your electronic identity card or national services card (carta nazionale dei servizi)

  6. OR the declaration is sent from your certified email (PEC) address

  7. OR the hand-signed declaration and your identity document are scanned and sent by ordinary email.

To change your residence, you must fill in the relevant boxes in the application form. For each family member who has an Italian driving licence, you must give the licence details. For each family member who is the registered keeper of a vehicle, you must state the vehicle licence plate. The Ministry of transport, through the vehicle-licensing authority (the Direzione Generale della Motorizzazione Civile), will then send you the adhesive label(s) with the new address to stick on the vehicle registration document(s). If you have not received this label within 6 months, ask the vehicle-licensing authority for it by telephoning freephone 800 232 323. If the vehicle-licensing authority does not have your up-to-date details, you can report this to Vicenza municipal registry office (Anagrafe del Comune di Vicenza) by emailing to

If you are not an Italian citizen, please follow these instructions:

A) if you are a citizen of a European Union (EU) country, follow this procedure: change of residence for EU citizens,49183

B) If you are not an EU citizen, then you must send all the information above by the same means, as well as:

  1. your passport and permit to stay issued by the domestic law-enforcement authority

  2. if you are married, the original and a photocopy of your marriage certificate authenticated by the Italian consular authority of your country of origin, with a translation and approval stamp.

What happens next

Under Decree-Law no. 5/2012, residence declarations sent to the Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe) as stated above are registered by the Registry officer within 2 working days of receipt. The individual residence certificates and family-status certificates can then be issued. For all other certificates – including the identity card – you will need to wait until the municipality where you lived before has transferred all the personal details. You may also have to show suitable documentation, where required.

After the residence declaration has been recorded, the Registry officer has to check that your declaration is true and accurate. Someone will come to see you where you live.

You must show a copy of the documentation that entitles you to stay there – e.g. a tenancy or lease agreement, or the title deeds.


Because of article 5, paragraphs 4 and 5, of Decree-Law no. 5/2012 and article 75 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will lose the benefits that you gained by making them. This means that your residence will be cancelled, and your situation will return to how it was before. Also, the Registry officer will have to report you to the law-enforcement authorities, because what you told us did not match what we found when we checked.

By article 76 of Presidential Decree no. 445/2000, if you make false statements, then you will be punished under the Criminal code and the relevant special laws.



GIVE US YOUR DECLARATIONS IN PERSON OR BY REGISTERED LETTER AT THIS ADDRESS: Registry office (Ufficio Anagrafe), ground floor, Palazzo degli Uffici,  Piazza Biade 26 – tel. +39 (0)444 221 415/410.

For security reasons, the maximum number of people that we can see at counter every day is:
30 in the morning
10 in the afternoon.

TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT THE COUNTER, please fill in our booking form -






Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 12.30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday, 4.30 pm – 6.00 pm

Wednesdays are reserved for change-of-residence appointments booked online.

Read about our sport, decentralisation, demographic and electoral services:

Come valuti questa pagina?

Mappa del sito

Realizzazione tecnica e management a cura della Direzione Sistemi Informatici Telematici S.I.T. e Statistica del Comune di Vicenza,
Comune di Vicenza - Corso A. Palladio 98 - tel. 0444 221111 - Supporto Tecnico a cura di Forma Srl: siti web, internet a Vicenza