Certificate of permanent residence (english)
Aggiornato al: 13/03/2017
The Registry Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) issues certificates of permanent residence for citizens of the European Union (EU) who have resided legally and continuously in Italy for five years.
What to do
If you are an EU citizen, to obtain your residence certificate you will need to submit:
- the application form, by completing the attestation of permanent residence for EU citizens application form, (available here: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/utilita/documento.php/102115);
- two €16 revenue stamps (marche da bollo);
- your original certificate of registration of an EU citizen or residence permit issued by the Italian National Police;
- the original and a photocopy of suitable documents proving the legality and continuity of your residence in Italy and/or of the family member on whom you are or were dependent ( e.g. INPS statement);
- the original and photocopy of a valid identity document.
Where and when
Municipal Register Office (Ufficio Anagrafe)
Palazzo degli Uffici, Piazza Biade 26
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 12.30 (on Wednesday mornings by online appointment only), Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16.30 to 18.00 (by online appointment only)
Online appointment booking system (link: http://www.comune.vicenza.it/prenotazioni)
Phone: 0444221602 and 221621
PEC (Certified Electronic Mail): email@example.com
For security reasons, the maximum number of cases/customers that can be attended to each day in the front office has been set at 30 in the morning session and 10 in the afternoon session.
Link to Municipal, Civil Status and Electoral Registry