Aggiornato al: 29/01/2013
Tourist Tax for the city of Vicenza
The tourist tax was adopted by the Municipality of Vicenza following Municipal Council decision no. 14 of 29.03.2012 and the corresponding charges and their application were approved with Municipal Board decision no. 86 of 05.04.2012.
The tourist tax will come into force on 1st May 2012.
What is the tax for?
The tax will be used to fund tourism activities, including those supporting accommodation facilities, maintenance, use and restoration of local cultural and environmental heritage and local public services.
Who pays the tax?
Any non-resident staying overnight in an accommodation facility in the Municipality of Vicenza, up to a maximum of 5 consecutive nights’ tax.
Who doesn’t pay the tax?
- children under the age of 14;
- patients undergoing treatment in local medical centres and those assisting hospitalised patients, with a maximum of one carer per patient.
All those eligible for exemption must provide the accommodation manager with a self-certificate indicating the reason for the request;
- coach drivers, couriers and/or guides assisting groups of tourists organised by tour operators;
- members of the armed forces, local police and firemen staying overnight for work-related reasons. All those eligible for exemption must provide the accommodation manager with a self-certificate indicating the reason for the request;
- members of religious orders staying in religious accommodation facilities.
How much is the tax?
- for organised groups of over 20 paying guests: €0.50 per person per night in room costing up to €25.00 per person; if the cost exceeds € 25 for person for night, apply the tax for individual guests;
- for individual guests:
* € 0.50 per person per night in room costing up to €15.00 per person per night;
* € 1.00 per person per night in room costing from €15.01to €25.00 per person per night;
* € 1.50 per person per night in room costing from €25.01to €80.00 per person per night;
* € 2.00 per person per night in room costing over €80.00 per person per night;
- per night on campsite: fixed rate of €0.50 per person per night.
How do I pay the tax?
The tax must be paid directly to the accommodation manager, when paying the bill for the stay.
Municipality of Vicenza Tourism Board – Palazzo Trissino – Corso Palladio, 98 – 36100 Vicenza
Tel. +39 0444 222169
Fax +39 0444 221418