Opening a new shop - neighbourhood businesses (english)
Aggiornato al: 12/04/2017
A neighbourhood business is defined as a commercial activity with a sales surface area that does not exceed 250 m².
The sales surface area of a retail business is the area used for sales, including the portions occupied by counters, shelves, etc and the display area; but it does not include spaces used as warehouses, storage spaces, point-of-sale displays, processing areas, offices and bathroom facilities.
The opening of a business, expansion or reduction of the surface area, change of product sector, relocation, or taking over an existing neighbourhood business (not located within large or medium retail structures as defined in article 18, paragraph 2, of L.R.(Regional Law) 50/2012), all require that a Scia (certified notification of business start-up) be submitted , pursuant to article 19 of Law no.241 of 7 August 1990.
All documents must be submitted online to the Municipal SUAP office through the national portal www.impresainungiorno.gov.it. Paper forms and documents will no longer be accepted.
In cases where an absence of the conditions and requirements needed to carry on the business is verified, the Council administration, within 60 days from the filing of the Scia, will adopt justified measures prohibiting continuation of the activity and removing its effects, unless, where possible, the party concerned takes steps to make the activity and its effects comply with the legislation in force within a timeframe established by the administration.
The temporary or permanent cessation of a business activity must be communicated through the website www.impresainungiorno.gov.it.
The form can be found on the website: www.impresainungiorno.gov.it and can be filled in on line.
- The sale of valuable antiques or used goods, both wholesale and retail, as provided for in art. 126 of the Consolidated Public Safety Laws, require the submission of a certified notification of business start-up (SCIA);
- if trading precious objects or precious metals or precious metals with gemstones, even if they are used goods, it is mandatory to obtain a permit from the Chief of Police and request a validation of the register of transactions.
Retail activities not subject to trade regulations
The proprietors of pharmacies, resellers of motor fuels and resellers of monopoly goods, in order to sell products that are not medicines or fuels or monopoly goods, must submit a certified notification of business start-up (Scia)
- Leg.Dec. 114/1998 “Reform of the retail trade sector, under article 4, paragraph 4, of Law no. 59 of 15 March 1997”
- Leg.Dec. no. 59 of 26 March 2010, “Implementation of Directive 2006/123/EC on services in the internal market”
- Law 120/2010 "Provisions concerning road safety"
- Law 241/1990 on administrative procedures
- Dec. Law 201/2011 converted into Law 214/2011
- Dec. Law no.5 of 9/02/2012 “Urgent provisions in the areas of simplification and development” converted into Law no.35/2012
- Regional Law 50/2012 “Development policies for the business system in the Veneto region"
- Veneto Regional Law 30/2011
- Resolution of the Regional Council no. 1010 of 5.06.2012
- Resolution no. 65/2013 of the Vicenza City Council
- Municipal acoustics classification plan approved by resolution no. 12/2011 of the City Council
- Regulation for the implementation of the T.U.L.P.S.(Consolidated Laws on Public Safety) no. 773 of 18.06.1931, approved by Royal Dec. no. 635 of 06.05.1940
- Veneto Regional Law 10/2001
- Resolution of the Municipal Executive Council no. 202 of 8.10.2013 “Determination of the reasonable value of antiques and used goods pursuant to art. 247 of the T.U.L.P.S. (Consolidated Laws on Public Safety) Regulation
- Leg. Dec. No. 222, art 6 of November 25th 2016- Final provisions: Art. 126 of the Royal Decree No.733 of June 18th 1931 is repealed.
Where and when
Front office for the private building, manufacturing and business activities section, fixed shop retailer office, piazza Biade 26
Opening times: on Wednesday and Friday from 10 am to 12.30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday from 4.30 pm to 6 pm
Online appointments: (link:
Phone: 0444221630 (available monday, wednesday and friday from 8.30 to 10, tuesday and thursday from 8.30 to 12.30)
Link to the pages of the front office for the private building, manufacturing and business activities section